Mr. Leslie Osher
Main Skills, Experience (Years):
Lawson S3 (15+), JD Edwards (4), AS/400, iSeries, i5, System i (15+), RPG (20+), SQL(15+), EDI (5), XML(5+), Java (2), PHP (5+), Drupal (5+), Electric Imp (5+), Visual Basic (10+), Synon (5), Cognos (5), Crystal Reports (3)
Summary of Qualifications:
Information Technology professional with over twenty years of experience in diverse business and technical environments. Highly productive self-starter with solid technical and analytical problem solving skills. Proven abilities to define solutions and deliver results utilizing the latest technologies and development techniques. Specializing in the following:
- AS/400 custom application development
- ERP consulting and implementation services
- Lawson S3 Software modifications, enhancements, data conversions, interfaces, version upgrades, configuration, reporting. Technical and functional expertise in all application areas
- Database design and administration
- Business intelligence, financial reporting
- Systems integration
- Change Control
- Web development
- Internet of Things
Languages, Development Tools, DBMS:
Other Technologies, Applications:
Lawson Software, JD Edwards, EDI (X.12, TDCC), RosettaNet, ebXML, Vitria BusinessWare, EAI, B2B Integration, Web Services, Cognos Impromptu/PowerPlay, ShowCase Strategy, Crystal Reports, Monarch, Database Design and Administration, Data Warehousing, OLAP, Silvon Implementer (MKS), Aldon/CMS, Drupal, Electric Imp
Osher Consulting, Bayside, NY - Consultant (2/93 - Present)
Clients: HBO, EMI Capitol Music Group, EMI Music Publishing, Sony Music, Olympus America, Price Waterhouse, CGS, MBI, BlueGreen, MSC Industrial Supplies, Gucci America, Aluminium.com
- Completing client’s backlog of Lawson Financials and Procurement related tasks, including modifications, fixes and daily maintenance.
- Developed custom financial reports utilizing Lawson 9.0 Report Writers, Crystal Reports, Monarch, Microsoft Excel. Utilized Lawson Add-ins for Microsoft Office and Excel VBA to extract data from Lawson, upload journal entries, budgets, EDI transaction sets, etc.
- Responsible for upgrading client's Lawson software from version 6.1 to 7.2 and 7.2 to 8.1, including planning, installation, setup, data conversion, interfaces, software modifications and enhancements.
- Managed the implementation and integration of Lawson Financial and Distribution modules, replacing client's mainframe-based MSA software. Defined MSA to Lawson data conversion rules, production and acceptance testing environment requirements. Performed data conversion, software modifications and support, system testing and user training.
- Responsible for upgrading client’s Lawson software from version 5.0 to 6.1, including planning, installation, setup, data conversion, interfaces, retrofitting existing software modifications and enhancements.
- Developed a new XML-based integration standard for metal trading via the Internet by adapting existing RosettaNet and EDI standards. Designed XML document structures using UML modeling tools (Rational Rose, Together). Created XML DTDs and XSDs (Schemas) using XML Authority. Developed B2B process integration and automation strategy. Analyzed clients’ existing enterprise systems and processes to identify data and process flows and integration points. Defined the missing processes required to tie existing processes together using Vitria BusinessWare for RosettaNet.
- Responsible for the integrity of the JD Edwards Database and Technical Foundation (Data Dictionary, UDC, VO, DW, Security, Menus) and change control utilizing Aldon/CMS. Designed and developed Distribution system modules using RPG/400 and JD Edwards' development standards and tools, including WorldCase, SVR, FDA, SDA,RDA, etc.
- Designed and implemented a Decision Support System utilizing ShowCase Strategy (OLAP-enabled Business Intelligence solution), providing multidimensional visualization,analysis and reporting capabilities for JD Edwards Financial and Distribution system users. Developed custom online programs and various sales and financial reports using RPG/400 and JDE development standards and tools.
- Performed Year 2000 impact analysis utilizing ADAMS/400. Installed and configured Client Access/400, NetSoft, Wall Data, ShowCase ODBC, StarSQL, Client/Server connectivity tools.
- Designed, developed and implemented Client/Server applications utilizing Microsoft Visual Basic, Access, Excel, Word, ODBC/SQL, and Client Access/400 APIs (Windows DLLs), enhancing AS/400 based legacy applications.
- Designed and implemented a Decision Support System utilizing Cognos Impromptu/Powerplay, enabling Windows based multidimensional data analysis, interactive end-user data access and reporting.
- Developed guidelines and standards for software development, introduced methodologies that resulted in increased productivity, higher quality and improved skills.
- Performed logical and physical database design, prototyping, development and implementation of distribution system modules utilizing structured design methodologies, CASE tools, including Synon/2E Application Generator.
Computer Generated Solutions, Inc., New York, NY - Project Leader (7/91 - 2/93)
- Responsible for installations, modifications, upgrades, and trouble-shooting of Lawson Financial and Distribution application modules for various clients, including legacy systems to Lawson data conversions, user training and support.
- Designed and implemented a communication network to electronically send/receive billing and inventory movement information between a 3090 mainframe in LA and an AS/400 in NY. Designed and coded the interface bridge to feed the received data into the Lawson Financial/Distribution system.
- Evaluated client's business requirements and prepared detailed functional specifications. Assisted customers in selecting, acquiring and installing integrated software package systems. Interfaced with all levels of management and staff.
- Developed chart of accounts and organizational levels.
- Installed and configured Silvon Implementer software development change management tool.
H&M International, Bayonne, NJ - Sr. Programmer/Analyst (12/88 - 7/91)
- Planned and coordinated the migration process from System/36 to AS/400 along with user and programmer training. Responsible for system administration, performance tuning, and developing programming standards.
- Designed and implemented EDI Transaction Set Interpreter, Generator and Translator system using TDCC and proprietary formats with major accounts. Created and installed Telecommunication software and AS/400 PC Support.
- Designed and implemented a Transportation Domestic Consolidation System.
Gucci America, Secaucus, NJ - Programmer/Analyst (2/85 - 12/88)
- Installed, customized and maintained Lawson Software application modules (G/L, A/P, Payroll), and CommercialWare Wholesale modules (Inventory Control, Sales Analysis).
- Designed, developed and implemented various applications to support existing systems and provided interface between application modules, including Sales Commission and Productivity, Insurance system, 401K management system.
State University of Technology, 1970 - Masters Degree in Computer Science, Machine automation, Computer Numerical Control (CNC) operations.
SYRIT Computer School Systems, 1985 - Certificate in Programming
SYNON training courses, 1992
JD Edwards WorldCase training courses, 1996